POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV-Ray beta updates : Re: POV-Ray beta updates Server Time
31 Jul 2024 14:34:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray beta updates
From: Warp
Date: 9 Oct 2007 06:17:02
Message: <470b551d@news.povray.org>
Dre <aus### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> Yes I fully understand how to use Windows thanks very much!

> How I have my computer set up atm works fine for me, using 2 different
> versions of pov *doesn't* work for me.

  Those two sentences feel contradictory to me.

  If you were fluent at using Windows you wouldn't have the slightest
problems in using POV-Ray 3.6 and 3.7beta (especially given that the
latter is just an .exe which you can put besides the 3.6 exe in the
same directory).

> I dont know why you are getting so fired up about this

  Because you are badmouthing the pov-team by (IMO) unjustly criticizing
how they are distributing the 3.7 beta.

> use as many versions of pov as you like and fill up your
> desktop with useless shortcuts, *I* dont work like this.

  The desktop is one place where you can put the shortcut. You can put
it somewhere else. Heck, you can put it in the same place where you
have the shortcut to pov3.6. I just can't see the problem you are having.

  Even if you don't use a shortcut for pov3.6 *at all*, I still can't see
the problem. That means that you are launching pov3.6 by directly going
to its directory and launching the executable. What is the problem if
there was another executable (pov3.7) there as well?

--
                                                          - Warp